|Home: About Us||Herbs A-Z: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W Y Z|
About this Website
COME TO THE FARM
OPEN TUESDAY - SATURDAY 10 -5 (March-July)
DURING THE MONTH OF MAY, WE ARE ALSO OPEN SUNDAYS 1-5:00
ALWAYS CLOSED ON MONDAY
Bring a packed lunch and eat out under the pavilion. Bring a slice of bread and your little ones and have them feed our peacocks or chickens. Spend an hour or spend the day out in the country.
We are located on Bogart Road, 1.5 miles east of S.R. 250 and 2 miles west of Rye Beach Rd.
Mulberry Creek HerbFarm address is:
3312 Bogart Road, Huron, Ohio 44839.
Click on the "News & Events" tab for detour instructions (April through July 2016)
Please, call ahead, for group tours. Buses welcome.
Remember, CLOSED MONDAYS
DETOUR AT STATE ROUTE 250 & BOGART ROAD IS EASY TO MANEUVER
Coming from the east/Cleveland area on Route 2: take Rye Beach Road, head south/left on Rye Beach road, right on Bogart Road.
Coming from the west/Toledo area on Route 2: take Rye Beach Road, head south/right on Rye Beach road, right on Bogart Road.
Coming from Sandusky on Route 250, pass the detour & Kalahari Waterpark. Turn left on Fox (at the corner where "Habitat for Humanity Restore" building is located), left on Camp Road and left on Bogart Road.
Coming from Norwalk on Route 250, turn right on Fox Road (by the "Habitat for Humanity Restore" building, left on Camp Road and left on Bogart Road.
MULBERRY CREEK GIFT CERTIFICATES IN ANY AMOUNT
Mulberry Creek HerbFarm
3312 Bogart Road
Huron, OH 44389
person's name who will receive the certificate
mailing instructions to you or the recipient
* check payable to "Mulberry Creek HerbFarm" for the certificate amount
HERBFAIR THEME GARDENS BY JUNE
RAILROAD GARDEN UP AND RUNNING BY MOTHER'S DAY
Around our home and greenhouses, we have about one acre of display beds all certified organic. Visitors are encouraged to wander around to see how mature plants appear. Check out this YouTube link made by one of our customers www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG0aDtXR5xE
Greenhouse and Phone Hours:
March 15th - July 30th:
Tuesday - Saturday 10 am - 5 pm
Extended Hours in the month of May ONLY:
Sundays from 1pm - 5pm
Always closed on Mondays
Closed Sundays (jan-april; june-dec.)
Closed in August for Family
Thursday - Saturday 10 am -5pm
Mastercard, Discover and V.I.S.A. accepted
While we prefer cash and checks to avoid giving the credit card companies that extra 2 or 3%, we accept "plastic."
GIFT CERTIFICATES ARE AVAILABLE ANYTIME, ANY AMOUNT. CALL KAREN @ 419-433-6126
WE NO LONGER SHIP
Our choice to remain small and focused on our family and our neighbors raises eyebrows, but we feel pretty good about it. We'll miss our friends all over the US, but we won't miss the licenses, rising shipping costs and especially the paperwork.
Please don't ask even if you live in Ohio or just want 1 package. We no longer stock the shipping supplies, hold the licenses required or have plants ready extra early for South. Please take a trip to Ohio!!!!!!
CAN'T MAKE THE TRIP TO HURON?
Find us at these establishments:
Days of Yore (Wellington, OH)
Gardener of Bath (Bath, OH)
Mustard Seed Markets (Akron & Solon, OH)
Nature's Bin (Lakewood, OH)
Pond Builders (Burgoon, OH)
Richard's Landscaping (New Washington, OH)
Village Herb Shoppe (Chagrin Falls, OH)
Find us at these plant sales
March Hosta College (Piqua, OH)
March East Coast Train Show (York, PA)
May The Holden Arboretum Sale (Kirtland, OH)
Top 10 Reasons Why We Chose Organic:
10. What else would we do with all our free time? Organic means do nothing right? Wrong!
9. “Prevention is worth a pound of cure”
8. It’s fun to see confused pests jump off healthy plants, desperately seeking those deep green, crispy, HUGE, over-fertilized conventionally grown plants, which leads to....
7. We thought we’d treat plants right, echoing their natural habitats rather than just give’em a “pretty face.”
6. Nature has so much to teach us if we’d only listen. For instance, pests are rarely tough on gardens with a variety of plants but they have a field day in acres of mono-cropping. Perhaps humankind would take note of the benefits of diversity.
5. Since money doesn’t grow on (lemon verbena) trees, we choose to place our dollars in small businesses who offer alternative & earth friendly inputs, when possible, rather than the vaults of multi-national fertilizer and pesticide giants.
4. Who wants to eat herbs sprayed with pesticides when composted chicken manure taste so much better.
3. And there’s nothing that compares to walking into a greenhouse, freshly sprayed with seaweed.
2. We live and play here
1. Ben, 14, and Joshua, 10
I will now step off my soap box
Follow the Links below to continue
Mulberry Creek Herb Farm
3312 Bogart Road, • Huron, Ohio 44839
Phone: (419) 433-6126 • Fax: (419) 433-6126